Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Northern Indiana Health Care System
- Town Hall
- VA Northern Indiana Health Care System will be conducting the first Town Hall for this year for our Veterans, families and public to speak with our leadership. We had previously called these session “Listening Post”.
- VA Northern Indiana Health Care System
- The Fort Wayne community would like to recognize your service by hosting a Stand Down saluting service members and Veterans. This Stand Down is a collaborative community event.
- Let My Light Shine
- Let My Light Shine honors Veterans by placing a light next to the grave markers of soldiers at the Marion National Cemetery in Marion, Indiana during the weeks surrounding Veterans Day.
- VA Northern Indiana Health Care System
- Share tools and coping strategies to bridge the gap between patients and health care providers. Discuss innovative approaches and resources available to help a person with pain.
- Warriors Say It with Art- Art Show
- Join the VANIHCS Recreation Therapy department on Thursday, July 17, 2014, from 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm, for the “Warriors Say It with Art- Art Show”. The event will be held in the Marion recreation therapy courtyard
- 2014 VA2K
- Plan to support the annual VA2K Walk and Roll on May 21 2014. Event is free and supports homeless Veterans donating food and clothing. Community members, Veterans and VA employees are encouraged to participate.
- Veterans Job Fair
- Employers will be available to discuss job opportunities and offer assistance to Veterans in beginning the application process. All Veterans and their immediate family are welcome.
- Get Your Flu Shot
- Flu clinics are being offered at all VA Northern Indiana Health Care System locations starting September 1, 2013. The Centers for Disease Control and prevention recommend vaccination against influenza.
- E-Donate Is Simple, Speedy, Safe
- The new E-Donate service allows community members who wish to give back to Veterans a quick, safe way to pledge their support online. You choose the medical center, the amount, and the account.
- We Have A New Look
- Our new look is designed to help you easily and quickly access information with intuitive and easy-to-use navigation. We know that you consider this website our front door. And we want you to feel welcome.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- World War II Vet Says Volunteering Keeps Him Alive
- Ninety-two-year-old Orville Swett, a retired optician, has been volunteering at the VA eye clinic in Daytona Beach for 25 years. His job? Adjusting glasses for Veterans who visit the clinic.
- Dedicated Volunteers Serve Veterans for Decades
- Volunteering: the ultimate exercise in democracy. We may vote in elections once a year, but when we volunteer, we vote every day for the kind of community we want to live in.
- How Occupational Therapy Works for You
- VA's occupational therapists help Veterans participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities and occupations. Read on to learn how they do it.
- National Public Health Week - Five Days to Health
- Veterans, how many times do you exercise per week? Immunizations up to date? When was the last time you got tested for HIV? Here's VA's “Five Days to Health” challenge to help build a healthier you.
- Goal: Satisfying Sexual Relationship
- Many Veterans struggle with sexuality in their relationships. Two VA psychologists assert that a satisfying sexual relationship strengthens the whole family and it needs to be addressed.
- Winter Clinic World-Leader in Adaptive Sports
- VA's annual National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic has significantly changed the lives of thousands of disabled Veterans, reminding them of the wonder life still has to offer.
- Rehab Veterans volunteer for four-week lock down
- Unique approach to rehab. At the Topeka VA, a new voluntary alcohol and drug rehab program called 'Fresh Start' requires patients to commit to 30 days of intense therapy in a locked unit.
- Veterans with PTSD Reclaiming Their Lives
- VA is working hard every day to help Veterans with PTSD, from World War II generals to Iraqi conflict corporals. Here are links to resources and courageous stories from Veterans who have been there.
- These Veterans lost a LOT of weight. You can too!
- Hundreds of Veterans of all ages — and shapes — are losing weight every day with VA's MOVE! program and now there's an app to help you join this happy, healthy group. Check it out!
- You Can Make the Most of Your Whole Health
- It's not about what's the matter with you. It's about what matters most to you. There's a link to a form in this story that could help you enhance your overall well-being by focusing on these factors.