Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA Northern Indiana Health Care System
- Town Hall
- VA Northern Indiana Health Care System will be conducting the first Town Hall for this year for our Veterans, families and public to speak with our leadership. We had previously called these session “Listening Post”.
- VA Northern Indiana Health Care System
- The Fort Wayne community would like to recognize your service by hosting a Stand Down saluting service members and Veterans. This Stand Down is a collaborative community event.
- Let My Light Shine
- Let My Light Shine honors Veterans by placing a light next to the grave markers of soldiers at the Marion National Cemetery in Marion, Indiana during the weeks surrounding Veterans Day.
- VA Northern Indiana Health Care System
- Share tools and coping strategies to bridge the gap between patients and health care providers. Discuss innovative approaches and resources available to help a person with pain.
- Warriors Say It with Art- Art Show
- Join the VANIHCS Recreation Therapy department on Thursday, July 17, 2014, from 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm, for the “Warriors Say It with Art- Art Show”. The event will be held in the Marion recreation therapy courtyard
- 2014 VA2K
- Plan to support the annual VA2K Walk and Roll on May 21 2014. Event is free and supports homeless Veterans donating food and clothing. Community members, Veterans and VA employees are encouraged to participate.
- Veterans Job Fair
- Employers will be available to discuss job opportunities and offer assistance to Veterans in beginning the application process. All Veterans and their immediate family are welcome.
- Get Your Flu Shot
- Flu clinics are being offered at all VA Northern Indiana Health Care System locations starting September 1, 2013. The Centers for Disease Control and prevention recommend vaccination against influenza.
- E-Donate Is Simple, Speedy, Safe
- The new E-Donate service allows community members who wish to give back to Veterans a quick, safe way to pledge their support online. You choose the medical center, the amount, and the account.
- We Have A New Look
- Our new look is designed to help you easily and quickly access information with intuitive and easy-to-use navigation. We know that you consider this website our front door. And we want you to feel welcome.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- 81-Year-Old Veteran Chooses Rehab Over Surgery
- Korean War Veteran Victor Ferentino, 81, was a runner for 60 years. After a spill in Manhattan he did his research and chose rehab at his VA Physical Therapy clinic over surgery.
- A Veteran Who Was on Iwo Jima 70 Years Ago Today
- This week is the 70th anniversary of the raising of the flag on Iwo Jima. "Woody" Williams, 91, was there and received the Medal of Honor for his courageous action on that memorable day.
- VA's Veterans Crisis Line Saves Lives Every Day
- We've answered more than a million-and-a-half calls from Veterans in crisis. And helped with 45,000 rescues. The Veterans Crisis Line helps prevent suicides by providing immediate crisis intervention.
- List of Presidents who were Veterans
- Do you know how many of our Presidents served in the military? As we celebrate President's Day, here is a list of Presidents who are Veterans. From George Washington to George Bush.
- American Sniper Highlights Veterans' Readjustments
- The recent box-office hit American Sniper sheds light on how difficult the transition to civilian life can be. VA has in-person, online and telephone-based services that can help.
- A Day of Caring and Sharing with America's Veteran
- At VA medical centers across the country, thousands of Americans will express their Valentine's wishes of love and gratitude to Veteran patients during VA's annual National Salute to Veteran Patients.
- She Knew Something was Wrong with Her Heart
- VA is joining the American Heart Association to fight heart disease in women Veterans. Here's the story of one woman Veteran who received life-saving treatment at a VA Medical Center.
- Veterans: Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
- Did they pick February to be Heart Month because of Valentine's Day and all those heart shapes? Whatever. It's a great time to remind Veterans of the everyday things you can do to stay heart healthy.
- West Va. Woman Finds Joy Volunteering at VA
- Over the last nine years Joan Chambers, 67, has racked up over 6,000 hours of volunteer work at Huntington VA Medical Center in West Virginia. 'I like keeping busy,' she explained.
- A New and Improved VA Prescription Label
- VA asked hundreds of Veterans to tell us what they liked and didn't like about the labels on their prescriptions. We heard you. The results led to this new patient-centric prescription label.