VA Northern Indiana Health Care System
About the VA Northern Indiana Health Care System
EXCELLENCE EVERY VETERAN EVERY ENCOUNTER
VANIHCS was formed in 1995 by the integration of the VA Medical Centers in Fort Wayne and Marion, Indiana. The Fort Wayne Campus offers primary and secondary medical and surgical services, and the Marion Campus offers a full range of mental health, nursing home care, and extended care services. Primary care clinics are available at both medical center campuses and at Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) located in South Bend, Goshen, Peru and Muncie Indiana. Recently completed renovations and construction, and continuous maintenance, ensure an attractive, state-of-the-art healthcare environment.
Community-Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC)
In addition to two medical centers, we offer services at one Health Care Clinic and three community-based outpatient clinics. These clinics are located in Indiana at:
Mission -- Honor American Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well being.
Vision -- To be a patient centered integrated health care organization for veterans providing excellence in health care, research and education; an organization where people choose to work; an active community partner and a back-up for National emergencies.
- Trust - Trust is critical element in the caregiver-patient relationship.
- Respect - Dignified care and service to veterans and their families is respectful.
- Excellence - Striving for the highest levels of quality and expertise will ensure exceptional care to veterans.
- Compassion - Extraordinary kindness and sensitivity during all interactions with patients, coworkers and families opens hearts.
- Commitment - Dedication to the mission and to veterans demonstrates your devotion.