VA Northern Indiana Health Care System
Our staff at the VA Northern Indiana Health Care System provides many ways for you to learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and manage your own health.
Veteran Education Resource Center (VERC), Marion Campus
The Veteran Education Resource Center (VERC) is located on Building 17, Room 100 at the Marion facility, open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The VERC contains a collection of easy-to-read health and wellness books, health education newsletters, videos, recreational reading material, newspapers, and more. The VERC contains computers for your use as well as the eVideon system where you can select educational videos.
The My HealtheVet site provides veterans access to their VA Personal Health Record.
My HealtheVet, allows you to —
- Refill prescriptions online, track delivery, receive shipment email notifications
- Use secure messaging to communicate with your health care team and other VA staff such as administration, pharmacy, specialty clinics, and more
- Keep track of upcoming appointments and get email reminders
- View, print or download VA notes, lab test results and other health information with the Blue Button feature
- Visit myhealth.va.gov to register
Our staff provide ongoing health education during regularly scheduled outpatient visits. Topics focus on —
- Health Promotion
- Upcoming Tests and Procedures
Staff can tell you about upcoming education classes that are available.
- Diabetes Education
- Healthy Teaching Kitchen
- Healthier Living with Chronic Conditions Workshop
- MOVE! Group (weight loss support)
- New Patient Orientation (information about VANIHCS)
- Tobacco Cessation (support to stop using tobacco)
Our staff begin your education process at the time of admission, during the hospital stay, and at discharge. Our goal is to provide a hospital environment where you —
- Continually receive updated information
- Can ask questions
- Are comfortable during your stay in our facility